Arvada Public Works Department is comprised of the Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Mobility Planning & Innovations, Streets, Facilities, Communications and the GEO Data Services Divisions. It is currently seeking a Traffic Engineering Manager to oversee Traffic Signal Operations and Field Operations for Signs, Striping and Signals.
This position will be responsible for the management of signal operations, communication and network management, advanced level civil, traffic and transportation engineering work, including planning, reviewing and designing of traffic and transportation infrastructure to ensure safe and efficient movement of vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian and transit traffic throughout the City of Arvada. The Traffic Engineering Manager is responsible for oversight of the asset management system of transportation infrastructure and assets including traffic signals, flashers, multi-modal facilities, signs, striping and markings. This responsibility includes advising on transportation policy; designing, maintaining and operating a safe traffic control system; coordinating transit service and evaluating new transit possibilities; seeking grant opportunities and securing funding for city capital improvement projects. This position supervises the Traffic Operations Engineer, Traffic Engineer and the Field Operations Supervisor and works closely with the City Engineer, the Mobility Planning & Innovations Manager, the Community & Economic Development Department and Police Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering or equivalent in related field
- Eight(8) years of experience in traffic/transportation engineering required with four (4) years as a Professional Engineer (PE). Two (2) years supervisory or lead engineer experience required
- Valid Colorado Professional Engineering License required (or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (and ability to obtain a Colorado license within 6 months of employment)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification
- Master’s Degree in traffic or civil engineering or related field
To apply, visit the City of Arvada website.
Published on April 29th, 2020
Last updated on April 29th, 2020