Parsons is looking for an intern to assist our PLA/HireLAX team at Los Angeles World Airports as described in the attachments. Apply Now
Labor Relations Intern
Ready to advance your education and have the opportunity to work on urban construction projects? Parsons is now accepting applications for Interns who have great attention to detail and are ready to join a rapidly growing team, enhancing the fabric of our community. This opportunity is with our award-winning construction labor relations and local inclusion team at the LAX multi-billion-dollar airport modernization program. This internship has a high potential to turn into a full-time position.
You can read about the LAX Modernization project from this link: https://www.lawa.org/TransformingLAX
Parsons is managing the Project Labor Agreement (PLA) at this landmark aviation project.. The successful candidate will be part of our PLA and HireLAX team and help us advance our Cultivating a Responsible Enterprise (CARE) strategy, which reaffirms our long-standing and industry-leading environment, social, and governance (ESG) practices. We are focused on reducing absolute greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 20 percent by 2025, enhancing gender diversity, and enhancing ethnic/racial diversity. The link below is a video about the HireLAX program.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your willingness to work hard will propel your career and opportunities forward. We need our interns to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments and have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. In this role you will be under close supervision of a degreed professional, and complete routine technical support assignments. Your assignments are designed to develop a working knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures related to your field of study. This is a developmental position for college interns who are pursuing a Business or Labor Relations field of study.
This position is based in our project office at the LAX airport.
- Participates in field activities.
- Assist with event planning, coordination, and organizational support.
- Provide all types of administrative support including data entry and analysis.
- Research and gathers statistics and related data for periodic and/or special onetime reports.
- Review, verifies, and format information into reports for use within and outside the unit.
- Such reports may be in spreadsheet or graphical formats, or narrative style word documents.
- Prepare accompanying correspondence and distribute reports as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Preferably a recent college graduate with a BS or BA from an accredited college or university.
- Familiarity with tasks, techniques, and PC software packages typically associated with field of study.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Typing, Excel, Word, and Power Point proficiency.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges.
Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+
Published on June 21st, 2022
Last updated on July 7th, 2022