Deloitte Consulting is looking for students with diverse backgrounds who are interested in enhancing their professional skills and learning more about consulting through our semester-long diversity and inclusion focused mentorship program.
In the 2023 Diversity Mentorship Program, students will attend events and workshops that will help them grow professionally, as well as be paired with a Deloitte consultant who will guide them along their unique journeys. The purpose of this program is to expose students to the world of consulting and further develop professional skills while fostering meaningful relationships between students and their Deloitte mentors.
Topics explored throughout the year will include:
- Diversity & Inclusion
Explore what Diversity and Inclusion means in the workplace
- Consulting: What is it?
Introduction to the industry including the types of consulting, consulting firms, lifestyle, etc.
- Professional Skill Building
Communication & public speaking, personal branding, networking, etc.
- Exploring Career Interests
Hone in on your interests, strengths and unique skillsets and learn how to translate them into a fulfilling career
- Consulting Interview & Case Preparation
Workshop on consulting cases to nail the case interview
- Overall GPA: 3.0 and above
- Freshman, sophomore (preferred), junior
- General interest in consulting, technology, and/or professional development
- Commitment to attending 4 events throughout the semester and monthly mentor meetings
- Has not participated in this program before
How to Apply
To be considered, please follow the 4 steps outlined below before
11:59pm PT on January 29th, 2023 – incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Visit the Deloitte Diversity Mentorship Program application site
- Input your name, personal email (not.edu), and other requested information
- Upload your resume
- Ensure your resume includes your expected graduation date (month and year) and cumulative GPA (not major GPA).
- Save your resume as a .PDF file and use the following naming convention: Last Name, First Name_Resume (i.e. Scruggs, Kendall_Resume)
- Answer a few short questions and record your video submission
- You will be prompted to record a response to each of the following two questions. Please note, after some prep time, you will only have 2 minutes to respond to each question!
Q1: Why do you think mentorship is important and what do you hope to gain from this program?
Q2: What does diversity and inclusion mean to you and why do you believe it is important in the workplace?
A Few Reminders
· Relax! We encourage you to be creative and show us your personality. Remember, this isn’t a formal interview; it is just a chance for us to get to know you better.
· Please note this program is not a Deloitte Recruiting event and participation does not guarantee an internship or full-time position at Deloitte. Knowledge of or experience in consulting is not required for consideration in this program.
USC Diversity Mentorship Program Team
Published on January 23rd, 2023
Last updated on January 23rd, 2023