Within Revenue Management and Analytics (R&MA), the Data Analytics consulting team leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the “why” behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
Make an impact by…
Supporting the development of advanced analytic engines for Disney Studios and Media Networks. The interns help in this process by:
- Collecting, manipulating, validating, and visualizing data in Python, SQL, or Spark
- Performing diagnostics and root-cause analysis for anomalies found in analytics processes
- Executing software tests, tracking bugs, and creating reports that summarize results
- Developing analytical solutions for cross-segment clients
- Maintaining technical system documentation
- Performing industry research and benchmark analysis
What You Bring to the Role….
- Problem solving, development, and analytical skills
- Experience with Python, R, or Matlab
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Excellent oral/written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Intense attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience implementing analytical processes with Python, R, or Matlab
- Experience performing data manipulations with SQL
- Previous work experience in software or analytics team
- Current student working towards (or recently graduated within the last 6 months) a Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
*To be eligible, international students will need to have unrestricted U.S. work authorization.