East West Bank is one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California and serves consumers and businesses throughout the U.S. and Greater China. It is currently seeking a model validation intern within the Model Development and Analytics team.
- Develop CECL models using statistical techniques (e.g. logistics regression, stochastic process, ARIMA, ARCH/GARCH, etc.).
- Build financial model prototypes, implement test procedures, and assist with the implementation of new control processes for models.
- Assist the model managers to maintain the model.
- Support model validation and model implementation in the allowance process.
- Conduct data quality control and assist with the data efforts to enhance the internal database.
- A master’s degree in statistics, financial engineering, finance, economics, or accounting (PhDs preferred).
- Proficient programming skills with R, Python, SQL, and Excel VBA.
- Good understanding of model development or model validation is preferred.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.