There are over 80 companies coming to hire you!
DATE: Thursday, February 1st, 2018
TIME: 10:00am- 3:00pm (Both Undergrads & Grads)
LOCATION: Trousdale Parkway
Student Info Tent: Get your company list at the tent by the Student Union
If you haven’t looked at the complete list of companies that will be attending the career fair, please log onto your Viterbi Gateway to get access to the company names, the types of positions they will be hiring for, and what majors they are looking for!
Go to Viterbi Career Gateway to see all the companies coming.
It is best to prepare an action plan for the day of the career fair. You want to know what company booths you want to visit and most importantly what jobs you qualify for. Plan ahead and do not waste time in line for a company that is not looking to hire students from your major or if you do not qualify for their work qualification specifications.
Last Minute Tips:
- Research the employers you plan to speak with.
- Customize your resume.
- Dress business professional preferred.
- Bring copies of your resume and something to take notes on.
- Be prepared: Have a 30-second pitch of what you plan to say to recruiters. Be direct and ask specific questions.
- Follow up with each recruiter you speak with. Be sure to get their contact information – ask for a business card or write down their information.
If you missed our workshop on Preparing for The Fair, see the following:
SECC Mission: Champion Viterbi student success through leadership and professional development, empowering them to change the world.
Published on January 25th, 2018
Last updated on October 16th, 2020