DATE: Thursday, January, 31st
TIME: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Trousdale Parkway & Alumni Park
Student Info Tent: Get your company list at the tent by the Student Union
The Viterbi Career & Internship fair is a very popular event and we expect high attendance. So, here are a few tips to have a successful fair:
- Look at the extensive company list to determine what companies you would like to meet
- Strategize so that you maximize the number of employers you speak with instead of standing in line for hours at a time
- Be sure to read the company signage for information on majors recruited, position type(s), and visa sponsorship
- Come prepared with company knowledge, professional etiquette, and copies of your resume or business cards with links to your online portfolio.
- Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes.
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming and hygiene is important: You should be freshly showered, hair and nails should be neat and clean.
- Viterbi Career Connections staff and volunteers will be actively monitoring employer lines at the fair to ensure that all students enter the line at the END of the line. Students jumping ahead of others in line will be asked to go to the back of the line and wait their turn on a first-come, first-served manner.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
VCC Mission: Champion Viterbi student success through leadership and professional development, empowering them to change the world.