Morten Beyer & Agnew (mba), a leader in aircraft intelligence and aviation consulting, is currently seeking a Database and Analytics Intern.
- Innovating the design and code of database internals and ETL processes.
- Developing, implementing and tuning data mining/machine learning practices to meet business needs.
- Collaborating with other departments to execute a superior product for our clients.
- Delivering features and enhancements to extend the functionality and performance of our products.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems/Business Analytics/Data Science or related fields.
- Robust understanding of computer programming concepts.
- Experience working with at least one general purpose programming language (C, C++, Python, Java, etc.). Python is highly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of statistical methods, data mining and machine learning with ability to model and interpret results in either R or Python.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL and ETL processes.
- Working knowledge of one or more of: Perl, Bash, Ruby or other scripting language.
- Hands-on experience with database internals like data storage, storage consistency and error detection, query planning and execution is highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical skills, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.