Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) is currently seeking an independent self-starter with excellent communication, coordination, analytical, and presentation skills to fill the position of Assistant/Associate Regional Transportation Planner- Limited Term.
- Assist with the coordination of FTIP updates;
- Assist with the analysis of FTIP amendments, administrative modifications and programs;
- Work to ensure projects meet federal and state programming rules and regulations;
- Develop and maintain information inputted in the FTIP database;
- Monitor the CTC activities as they relate to the SCAG-FTIP and related policies;
- Assist to manage and maintain a large database of capital projects associated with the Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy report to ensure that all projects are current, and are accurately described and reflected in the regional travel demand model;
- Provide staff support to committees, task forces, workshops as assigned, by coordinating agendas, developing staff reports, and presentation materials and presenting information as necessary;
- Coordinate, participate, and prepare grant applications as assigned and as opportunities arise;
- Conduct legislative research and policy analysis for transportation planning and related issues;
- Present information and recommendations to applicable policy committees, task forces, advisory committees, and executive management as directed and as needed;
- Confer with elected officials, transportation stakeholders, the public, and other agencies as directed and as necessary;
- Perform technical and policy-related research on transportation issues and write analysis and technical reports for discussions at the policy committees, task forces, and workshop settings;
- Develop, coordinate, manage, monitor, and provide progress reports related to annual budget for assigned projects and program areas;
- Represent SCAG on public forums related to transportation issues, and transportation planning studies conducted by partner agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Visit the SCAG website to apply.
Published on March 31st, 2020
Last updated on December 16th, 2020