The position is paid and part-time, based in DTLA. It is a great way to make some connections with the people in the City of LA while getting experience in their field with a worldwide renowned organization. Many of the interns have gone on to have successful careers in the City of LA as well as in the private sector with companies like Disney international.
The position is year-round, paid, part-time and available to current students.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Interest in public works projects, particularly relating to transportation.
- Leadership Qualities
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills, knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
General Assignments and Projects:
- Preparation of cost estimates, field investigations, and photographs
- Report writing and related correspondence.
- Review routine engineering design and drafting work assignments, as needed.
Currently, enrolled students with a 3.0 minimum GPA are encouraged to apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcript verifying GPA. Send applications to TFLAinternships@gmail.com.
HOURS: 15-29 HRS/WEEK
LOCATION: Downtown Los Angeles
DESIRED CLASS LEVEL(S): Junior, Senior, Graduate Student
QUALIFICATIONS: Civil/ Structural Engineering Majors with 3.0 or higher GPA’s and minimum six
months until graduation.
Published on July 14th, 2022
Last updated on July 19th, 2022