USC Student Health provides group therapy sessions to help you better understand yourself and your emotions. Groups are facilitated by licensed professional clinicians in USC Student Health Counseling and Mental Health Services. Each weekly meeting is sequenced to help members make progress in their individual journey toward desired change.
Benefits of group therapy include:
- Opportunities to learn new and effective skills to manage stress, anxiety and other emotions
- Support from others who have had similar experiences and help remembering that you are not alone in your struggles
- A safe and supportive place to try out new behaviors and ways of interacting
- A place to deepen understanding about roles and patterns
- Feedback to and from others about how you are perceived can be a catalyst for understanding and change
- A place to learn about closeness, trust, and intimacy
Students who are interested in joining group counseling may use MySHR (LINK NO LONGER AVAILABLE) (in the “messages” section) to submit a Counseling Group Interest Form. To learn more about group counseling, visit the Student Health website.
Published on March 3rd, 2020
Last updated on March 21st, 2022