Viterbi Career Gateway, also known as "Gateway" is your one-stop-shop for recruiting at The Viterbi School of Engineering.
- Online recruitment platform exclusive to Viterbi engineering students and engineering employers.
- Free employer accounts, 24/7 access.
- Can create multiple contact accounts within one organization.
- Several recruiting tools and features at your fingertips!
Log in or create a new account below:
Virtual or On-Campus schedules. Use trigger dates to automate the process. Learn more.
Schedule time to share your organization with students virtually or On-Campus. Learn more.
Book a Trojan Talk
Sign up to attend any of Viterbi's hybrid career events hosted throughout the year. Learn more.
Register to Recruit
Unlimited internship and full time postings allowed. 30 day expiration date for every posting.
How to Use Gateway:
Navigate using the left-hand menu after logging in to your account.
- Job Postings: Jobs > Job Postings > Post a Job
- Career Fair Jobs: Jobs > CF Jobs
- Interview Schedules: OCR > Schedules > Request a Schedule
- Trojan Talks: Events > Information Sessions > Request Information Session
- Event Registrations: Events > career Fairs
- Personal Information: My Account > Personal Info > Edit & Submit
- View & Pay Invoices: My Account > Invoices > Click on Invoice > Click "Pay by credit Card"
- Unsubscribe: My Account > Personal Info > Block User Messages "Yes"
Viterbi offers both On-Campus interview schedules and virtual interview schedules.
Benefits of scheduling interviews at Viterbi:
- Easily book rooms to interview engineering students.
- Interview candidates in space that is comfortable and easily accessible to them.
- Automate the selection process for a job posting.
- Enjoy check in and coffee offered by the Viterbi Career Connections' office.
Please note: Employers who use the On-Campus interviews service can only interview currently enrolled Viterbi engineering students. Non-Viterbi majors and Alumni are not permitted.
OCR vs. Regular Job Postings:
Job postings are used when you do not plan to use our interview space. You may post jobs on Viterbi Career Gateway and view applications at your convenience. The system will ask for information related to your job. Be sure to select “Viterbi USC” under School Affiliation if you
would like to reach engineering students.
On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) is used when you plan to interview students using our interview space. To participate in OCR, you will need to request an OCR Schedule (a date and time you’d like to visit) and attach a position to that schedule. Within OCR, different types of schedules exist.
NOTE: For all OCR positions, please select “Viterbi OCR Eligible” AND “Current Student” under Applicant Type.
- A “Preselect” schedule is used when you want Viterbi Career Gateway to create an application timeline/generate interview schedule for you. There will be a deadline for students to submit resumes, a deadline for you to select students to interview, and a deadline for students to log in and sign up for interview times.
- A “Preselect to Alternate” schedule is the same as a “Preselect” schedule, plus the ability to select alternate (backup) students for interviews.
- A “Resume collect” schedule allows you to post a position that will be accessible to students meeting specific major, degree, and work authorization requirements. The resumes will be collected via our on-line system, Viterbi Career Gateway, and can be viewed by an employer at any time. Employers will set up their own interviews outside of our office.
- A “Room Reservation Only” schedule is used to reserve interview space without posting a position on Viterbi Career
Viterbi offers both On-Campus and virtual Trojan Talks.
Please note: Employers who use the On-Campus or Virtual, Viterbi-specific Trojan Talks can only allow currently enrolled Viterbi engineering students into the event. Non-Viterbi majors and Alumni are not permitted.
Trojan Talk Request Form:
Request a Trojan Talk in Viterbi Career Gateway by logging on and going to Events > Information Sessions > Request an Information Session.
Trojan talks forms are student-facing once they are approved, so it's important to be detailed in the description and target student population for your talk. Use the below template to cover all of the information needed:
- Is this event virtual or On-Campus?
- Is this event specific to USC Viterbi School of engineering, or multi-university event?
- Event overview, who will be speaking, details and what your opportunities are, and any other pertinent information (like the link to register).
- What majors and class levels are you interested in connecting with?
- Are you recruiting for internships, full time, or both?
- Can you offer Visa sponsorship?
- Are you able to hire a student on CPT or OPT?
Marketing: Once your Trojan Talk is confirmed, Viterbi Career Connections uses the information in the Trojan talk form to invite students. We utilize several marketing methods:
- Viterbi Careers Newsletter and blog - Sent to all engineering students weekly.
- Viterbi events calendar - Can be viewed by all students.
- @viterbicareers Instagram account - Viewed by all followers.
- Targeted E-mail invitation - Sent to the target student demographic outlined in your request form.
In-Person Trojan Talk Format:
- Various spaces can be booked for indoor or outdoor events, each comes with a reservation fee. Reach out to email@example.com for details on your space needs.
- Time: You may book your event Monday-Friday, 9 am - 8 pm based on availability.
After your register for your Trojan Talk:
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the contact email you used to book the events.
- You will receive a parking pass for the evening of the event you have booked, along with a list of approved vendors for food.
- You will be responsible for ordering food and having it delivered to the correct room before your event begins.
On the date and time of your Trojan Talk:
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes early to allow yourself time to park and walk to the location.
- Set up your presentation and catering delivery.
- A Viterbi Career Connections' Career Ambassador will be present to check-in students and assist you throughout the event.
Virtual Trojan Talk Format:
- Zoom: The Zoom platform allows you to preset to up to 300 attendees in a virtual room.
- Questions & Answers: In Zoom, attendees can unmute themselves to ask questions. The feature has a chat section, where all attendees can submit questions and you can either type the answer (it is viewable to all attendees) or answer the questions live (meaning, speak the answer during the presentation).
- Time: You may host a Trojan talk for anywhere from 30-90 minutes. Viterbi Career Connections encourages you to leave a bulk of your time to questions and engagement with the student attendees.
After your register for your Trojan Talk:
We will be hosting the Trojan Talk on our Viterbi Career Connections Zoom account and will add you to the calendar invitation with the Zoom log-in details. You will also receive an email asking for additional panelist information, to add them as well.
- Each panelist receives a link to the event in their email, making it easy to join.
- You create and present the content of the Trojan Talk, please have it ready to share on the day of your scheduled Trojan Talk 15 minutes prior to your presentation time.
- You will also receive a calendar invitation from Viterbi Career Connections with the details, link and logistics included.
- On the date and time of your Talk, log into Zoom 15 minutes prior to your presentation time.
On the date and time of your Trojan Talk:
- Click the link in your email to join the Zoom.
- Have your content ready, and the Viterbi Career Connections staff member will share presenter capabilities with you. Then share your screen for students to view the presentation.
- Then you will present your content.
- We recommend preparing content that presents for 15-30 minutes, allowing the remaining time for engaging with students.
- We recommend having a minimum of 2 people present your Trojan Talk. One person to cover the content and one to moderate the Q&A.
Students will add their questions in the chat box and you may answer them as the presentation goes, or at the end. It’s up to you.
Viterbi offers both On-Campus and virtual recruiting events.
Please note: Employers who use Viterbi recruiting events can only allow currently enrolled Viterbi engineering students into the event. Non-Viterbi majors and Alumni are not permitted.
Fall 2021 Recruiting Events can be viewed on the events page. Visit each event page to read more, as each event may have it's own logistics/details.
- How to Get Hired Series - Professional Development Series with employer-led workshop and resume reviews/mock interviews.
- Career & Internship Expo - Week-long series of activities including Trojan talks, Career Fair, and Interviews.
- Industry Networking Events - Smaller, networking events aimed at professional development, networking and career exploration.
- Viterbi Trek - Company visits that encourage career exploration and opportunities.
Register to attend a recruiting event in Viterbi Career Gateway by logging on and going to Events > Career Fairs > Register
Editing your Registration: If you need to update any information that you have included in an event registration, log into Viterbi Career Gateway > Events > Career Fairs > Click the “Registered” button beside the spring expo > Click “Registration” > scroll down and click the “modify” button
Communications: All event logistics are emailed from email@example.com to the email you used to register with "[event name] logistics" in the subject line. If you register using a "recruiting@" or other generic email, make sure to check it before asking for logistical information.
Viterbi Career Gateway is a job board exclusive to Viterbi engineering students!
Please note: Employers who use Viterbi Career Gateway to post opportunities will largely be marketing to currently enrolled engineering student. Alumni can view Gateway and apply for job postings for up to 3 years post-graduation.
Posting a Job or Internship: Jobs and internships can be posted on Gateway 24/7, 365 days a year. They will be manually reviewed and approved. This is a completely free service.
- Postings automatically expire after 30 days. Do Not change the expiration date within the job posting, this does not work.
- Re-post an opportunity by going to Post a Job > Copy Existing > update the new posting date and expiration date > Submit
- Be clear and concise in your job description.
- you may link your posting to your own careers website for expeditated posting.
- Select all students (class and major) who may apply for the posting. The system will not allow students who do not fit the criteria apply, so apply less filters to have a wider pool of applicants.
- If you may hire on CPT and OPT, select both "Yes" and "No" for "Sponsorship requirements.
- Post opportunities before you have a Trojan talk or attend a recruiting event. Then, encourage students you meet at the event to apply. Provide them with a direct link to name of the job posting at your event.
- Receive free marketing for your job and internship postings! Get your postings highlighted on the Viterbi Career Connections Blog.
- the blog is fed into the Viterbi Career Connections weekly newsletter, sent to all Viterbi students during the academic year.
- After posting your opportunity, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a title, short blurb about your opening and company, and image.
Q: I forgot my username and/or password?
A: To retrieve your password, you must click on Forgot your password? found on the employer log-in page: https://viterbi-usccsm.symplicity.com/employers/. your password reset code will be sent to your email (username) used for the account. Each password reset code expires after 24 hours. If you do not know your username, email Viterbi Career Services at email@example.com to obtain your username.
Q: Our Company has an account in Viterbi Career Gateway, but the main contact no longer works here, how can I create my own account?
A: If you have the previous contact’s log-in information, use it to log-in and update the contact information which can be found under My Account. If you do not have the log-in information, you may create a new account by clicking on Click here to register! found on the employer login page.
- We can also merge the old account with your new account, so that you inherit the previous contacts' recruiting history. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org once the new account is created to request a merge.
On-Campus Interview Schedule FAQ's:
Q: Where can I access the submitted student resumes?
A: Log-in to Viterbi Career Gateway.
- For Job Postings, click “View Applicants” under “Post A Position” in the right side bar
- For OCR Positions, click “View OCR Applicants” under “On-Campus Recruitment” in
the right side bar
- To preselect students (for OCR positions), click on the box next to their name and
change their status to invited.
- To generate an interview packet (for OCR positions), click “Generate Book” above the applicant names (make sure you have your pop-up blocker disabled)
Q: I cannot access the submitted student resumes?
A: Employers can access submitted resumes one day after the student resume submission deadline has closed (request period close date can be found in posting’s timeline).
Q: Where can I find the posting’s timeline?
A: From your name page, click “View OCR Schedules” on the right side bar and proceed to the schedule you would like to view
Q: There are students in the applicant pool that do not fit the criteria that we are looking for; how were they able to submit their resume to the posting?
A: The screening options are not initially activated when you post a job; if you would like to turn these screening options on, contact Viterbi Career Connections. Also, students may have changed their major and/or graduation date without updating their Viterbi Career Gateway account. We try reminding them on a regular basis to update their Viterbi Career Gateway accounts to avoid these scenarios.
Q: How do I make my pre-selects?
A: Log-in to Viterbi Career Gateway.
- Click “View OCR Applicants” under “On-Campus Recruitment” in the right side bar.
- Select students by changing their status to invited, alternate, or not invited.
- After selections have been made, students will receive a notification e-mail informing them to sign up for an interview time.
Q: I missed the pre-select deadline and I no longer have access to make my selections.
A: Please contact Viterbi Career Connections at email@example.com and we will extend your pre-select deadline.
Q: The resume submission deadline for students has closed, but I want to add additional student(s) to the applicant pool.
A: Please contact Viterbi Career Connections at firstname.lastname@example.org to add any additional students to your schedule.
Q: Where can I view the students who have signed up for the interview schedule?
A: From your home page, click “View OCR Interviews” under “On-Campus Recruitment” in the right side bar.
Q: I have received emails from students letting me know that they are unable to locate my interview schedule, is it not posted yet?
A: Students who do not meet all the screening criteria (Degree, Major, Graduation Date and Work Authorization) will not be able to view the interview schedule in their qualified section. All students are required to submit an OCR contract in order to gain access to the On-Campus recruiting program. Some students will look in the general job listings because they are unaware of the OCR section. Please direct all students who are having difficulties locating your interview schedule to contact Viterbi Career Connections at email@example.com for additional help.
Q: I need to get in touch with the pre-selected students prior to the interview to give them
additional information. Is there a way I can e-mail all of them at once?
A: From your home page, click “View OCR Applicants”
- You can use the “Mail to Checked” option found on the applicant’s page.
Select the students you want to email by checking the box next to their name
Click “Mail to Checked” button above the student names
- Generate your message
Q: I would like to set up a rotational interview schedule; can this be done through Viterbi Career Gateway?
A: Viterbi Career Gateway interview schedules are set up for 30, 45, 60, or 90 minute interviews. There is no option for rotational interviews through Viterbi Career Gateway. If you would like to do a rotational interview, you can still post your opportunity through Viterbi Career Gateway, but you will have to create your own interview schedule. When posting your position, select the “Room Only Reservation” option. This will allow you to post but create your own schedule.
Q: I would like to make changes to my On-Campus recruiting schedule (e.g., I no longer need all of the requested interview rooms, I need additional interview rooms, I would like to end my interviews earlier than scheduled, I have changes to my job description, etc…).
A: Before you make any changes, please contact Viterbi Career Connections at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you with your request(s).
Questions? Make sure to review the Gateway Frequently Asked Questions Tab.
If you still have questions about Viterbi Career Gateway, email us at email@example.com
Safe Return to Campus
USC has taken several significant actions to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, similar to steps the city of Los Angeles and other local municipalities have announced.
- View the Viterbi Campus Visitor Guidelines
- Visit the USC COVID-19 Resources Center or Trojan Community Guidelines to find out more about USC's return to campus policies and plans.
We are continuing to monitor the rapidly evolving situation in light of information from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health about the community spread of the virus in the county.
The university’s leadership will continue to monitor the situation closely and will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves.
Published on June 11th, 2021
Last updated on July 13th, 2022