Career Advising: 2021-2022
Spring 2022 Hours:
Monday - Thursday| 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM (PST)
Friday| 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM (PST)
Virtual advising sessions are encouraged through January 24th.
Spring 2022 Hours: January 10-May 6, 2022
VIRTUAL DROP-INS ENCOURAGED: Until January 24th, we encourage you to participate in drop-ins via Zoom. Add yourself to the waitlist and receive a text when we're ready for you to login.
In-Person Advising: Check-in at Ronald Tutor Hall (RTH) 218. The career advising meeting will be held outdoors on the 2nd-floor patio; dress for your comfort.
Monday - Thursday | 2:00 PM - 6:30 PM (PST) | In-Person or Zoom
Friday | 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM (PST) | In-Person or Zoom
Please add yourself to the Waitlist first before joining the Zoom
PLEASE BRING YOUR LAPTOP FOR IN-PERSON
Drop-In Waitlist Information
- The waitlist is available starting at 1:55 PM PST Monday - Friday and will close 20 minutes before the end of each session.
- Waitlist requests may be limited based on the number of slots available each day.
- You will receive a text message when it is your turn. Please arrive at check-in within 5 minutes to avoid being removed from the waitlist.
- Drop-ins are first-come, first-served.
- If you are unable to attend a drop-in session, please remove yourself from the waitlist.
VCC will not host Drop-in Hours during the following Spring 2022 Event Dates:
- February 2, 2022
- February 7-9, 2022
- February 16, 2022
Viterbi Career Connections encourages all students to make career advising appointments or stop by our drop-in hours! Our Career Advisors provide advising sessions tailored to meet individual student needs and goals.
Common topics can include:
- On-Campus Recruitment Agreement
- Your internship or job search search
- Career exploration
- Informational interviewing
- Developing professional goals
- Building and maintaining a professional network
- Building your LinkedIn
- How to communicate with a supervisors at an internship
- Negotiating and evaluating job or internship offers
- Managing multiple offers
- Resume and cover letter review (only available during drop-in hours or in advising appointments during the summer semester).
Published on December 8th, 2016
Last updated on January 13th, 2022