Career Advising: 2021-2022
Fall 2021 Hours:
Monday - Thursday| 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM (PST)
Friday| 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST)
Fall 2021 sessions will be in-person and virtual.
Fall 2021 Hours: August 23 - December 10
Monday - Wednesday | 2:00 PM - 6:30 PM (PST) | Epstein Family Plaza
Thursday | 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM (PST) | Epstein Family Plaza
Thursday | 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM (PST) | Zoom (Unavailable 9/9 due to VCC events)
Friday | 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM (PST) | Epstein Family Plaza (Unavailable 9/10 & 9/17 due to VCC events)
Drop-ins unavailable week of September 27th- Friday, October 1st.
PLEASE BRING YOUR LAPTOP
Drop-In Waitlist Information
- The waitlist is available starting at 1:55 PM PST Monday - Friday and will close 20 minutes before the end of each session.
- Waitlist requests may be limited based on the number of slots available each day.
- You will receive a text message when it is your turn. Please arrive at the Career Connections canopy, located on the west side of Biegler Hall, within 5 minutes to avoid being removed from the waitlist.
- Drop-ins are first-come, first-served.
- If you are unable to attend a drop-in session, please remove yourself from the waitlist.
Viterbi Career Connections encourages all students to make career advising appointments or stop by our drop-in hours! Our Career Advisors provide advising sessions tailored to meet individual student needs and goals.
Common topics can include:
- On-Campus Recruitment Agreement
- Your internship or job search search
- Career exploration
- Informational interviewing
- Developing professional goals
- Building and maintaining a professional network
- Building your LinkedIn
- How to communicate with a supervisors at an internship
- Negotiating and evaluating job or internship offers
- Managing multiple offers
- Resume and cover letter review (only available during drop-in hours or in advising appointments during the summer semester).