ARPA-E Fellows Job Opening (SPRING 2022)
ARPA-E is looking for the next generation of scientific leaders to help solve the most pressing and exciting challenges in energy. The Fellows assist the agency in identifying breakthrough energy technologies through technical and economic analyses. During their two-year tenure, ARPA-E Fellows influence the direction of American energy innovation, engaging with world-class researchers in academia and industry, entrepreneurs, and government officials.
-Prior experience in energy and/or commercialization is not necessary.
ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
• U.S. citizenship.
• Ph.D. (or equivalent terminal degree) in science or engineering.
– (Students expecting to complete their Ph.D. within the next year are encouraged to apply.)
• Strong analytical, research, and communication skills.
• Ability to initiate independent projects and work across disciplines.
• Passion to change the world through energy technology research and development.
- Fellows are:
- typically on board for a 2-year term at ARPA-E.
- based at ARPA-E headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- full-time federal employees, paid a competitive salary, and receive full benefits.
THE APPLICATION TIMELINE
The application portal opens twice a year:
January 31, 2022 – Written Applications Due
February 2022 – Semi-Finalist Phone Interviews
Mar/April 2022 – Final Round Interviews
Late April 2022 – Offers Extended
Published on December 6th, 2021
Last updated on December 9th, 2021