WHO: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Regulatory Offices Nationwide
WHAT: The Great Recruitment & Job Offer Event for all USACE Regulatory Offices
WHERE: Virtual Career Fair Event
WHEN: Pre-registration opens on 23 Aug 22 and closes on 13 Sep 22. Please see the ‘REQUIRED
DOCUMENTS’ section below. Event date is 14-15 September 2022, from 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (EDT). Event
agenda will be provided upon registration.
WHY: The USACE Regulatory Program is dedicated to protecting the nation’s aquatic resources and
navigable capacity while allowing reasonable economic development through fair, flexible and balanced
decisions. Our team of regulators consists of professionals trained in environmental sciences, policy,
archaeology, soil sciences and other STEM disciplines. A successful regulator is comfortable with an evolving
program and enjoys working with diverse stakeholders.
We will be recruiting recent graduate, intern, and full performance positions using direct hire authority for
multiple disciplines and grade levels, from GS-05 to GS-12. Depending on position/location selected,
promotion potential will be the GS-05, 07, 09, 11, or 12 levels. We encourage students, graduates, and
practicing professionals to register and submit resumes early. Interviews will be conducted during the event.
PAY RANGE: $31,083 to $88,792 (plus applicable locality supplement, depending on duty location).
Information regarding pay for specific locations and positions can be found at the following link:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/. Pay will be based on such factors as
your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
VACANCIES: We are looking for individuals interested in the following positions. Positions may be filled as
permanent, temporary or term.
Position Title, Series
- Archaeologist 0193
- General Engineer 0801
- Architect 0808
- Geographer 0150
- Biologist 0401
- Geologist 1350
- Botanist 0430
- Hydrologist 1315
- Civil Engineer 0810
- Mechanical Engineer 0830
- Ecologist 0408
- Oceanographer 1360
- Environmental Engineer 0819
- Physical Scientist 1301
- Environmental Engineer (Regulatory Compliance) 0819
- Physical Scientist (Regulatory) 1301
- Environmental Resources Specialist 0401
- Regulatory Project Manager 0401
- Environmental Scientist 0401
- Regulatory Specialist 0401
- Environmental Specialist 0401
- Social Scientist 0101
- Fish Biologist 0482
- Soil Scientist 0470
- Forester 0460
- Wildlife Biologist 0486DUTY LOCATIONS: Positions will be filled in various locations across the United States. For more
information, use our interactive map at the following link to identify which USACE District covers your preferred
regulatory work location: http://regulatory-ops.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/
CIVILIAN POSITIONS WITH
THE U. S. DEPARTMENT OF ARMY
U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
EVALUATIONS: Candidates will be evaluated in accordance with the qualification and eligibility requirements
set forth by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
• All positions require the applicant to be a citizen of the United States.
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, are required to register for Selective Service prior to
• A trial or probationary period may be required.
• Some positions may require a security clearance to include fingerprinting.
• Some positions may require random drug testing.
• Some positions may require temporary duty travel.
• Some positions may require the selectee to complete training/obtain certifications within a specified
period of time after appointment.
• Some positions may require the selectee to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Some positions may require the selectee to file an OGE Form 450, Financial Disclosure Report upon
entering on duty and annually thereafter.
• Some positions may require the selectee must obtain a passing score on the appropriate Administrative
Careers with America (ACWA) assessment prior to appointment or conversion.
• Hiring incentives such as a recruitment/relocation bonus, service credit for leave, and student loan
repayment may be authorized (subject to available budget) if the selecting official determines the
incentive is in the best interests of the government.
• Relocation (PCS) expenses may be authorized (subject to available budget) if the selecting official
determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
• Promotion progression to the target position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of training
requirements and continuous satisfactory performance.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: In order to be considered, please submit your most recent resume and unofficial
transcript(s) by registering at the following link no later than 1:00pm EDT on 13 Sep 22:
http://usace.yellogov.com/app/collect/event/k8A8gNs17u73pC2gEbKYpQ . Please ensure your resume and
transcripts DO NOT contain private information such as personal photos, date of birth, or any part of your
social security number.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The United States Government does not discriminate in
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin,
political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an
employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with
disabilities. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application process, hiring
process, or while on the job. Requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Connect with USACE on Social Media – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube.
Published on September 2nd, 2022
Last updated on September 2nd, 2022