Los Angeles Sanitation engineers are dedicated to protecting our natural environment and the public’s health. An Environmental Engineering Associate performs professional environmental engineering work in connection to water supply, water quality control, solid waste and wastewater collection, disposal and treatment.
Position Type: Civil Service Interviews for Environmental Engineering Associate I classification – Full Time Entry Level. Graduating seniors, alumni and EITs are welcome to apply.
Salary: Annual salary starting at $66,231 with peak salary of $127,555!
Requirements: Graduation from a participating 4-year college or university with a degree in engineering, which includes at least 12 semester units or 18 quarter units of core courses in environmental engineering -OR- possession of a valid Engineer-In-Training Certificate recognized by the State of California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.
- Professional engineering work could include the following, dependent on experience: water supply, water quality control, solid waste and wastewater collection, disposal and treatment, CIP funded projects, green infrastructure, and climate adaptation.
- Engineering, planning, and research studies in connection with water and solid resources related activities.
- Coordinates construction and operations of water and wastewater treatment as well as solid waste facilities.
- Other related work as needed at one of seven worksites within the City of Los Angeles.
- Comprehensive health & dental plans
- Pension plan
- Ride share incentives
- Training & tuition reimbursement
- Mentorship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work schedules
- Vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now on Viterbi Career Gateway!
Gateway ID: 188007
Deadline to Apply: March 20, 2019
OCR Interview Date: March 28, 2019
Published on March 4th, 2019
Last updated on March 4th, 2019