New Opportunity from LA Sanitation & Environment –
Part-time Student Engineer
- Current enrollment as a full-time (civil, chemical, mechanical, environmental, or computer science) engineering undergraduate or graduate student with a minimum one year of completed college education
- Must be at least 18 years of age with proof of identity and legal right to work in the US
- AutoCAD experience desired for some positions
- This is not an internship. In many cases, Student Engineers can work until graduation.
- Performs a variety of entry-level engineering assignments for special projects and programs potentially including but not limited to:
- Planning, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating the delivery of program services
- Collecting, recording, organizing, and analyzing data
- Hydraulic modeling, pollutant loading, and mitigation measures
- Assisting in the preparation of program documents, technical reports, etc.
- Coordinating project information between City, State, and local agencies as well as other organizations
- Participate in meetings, briefings, workgroups, and community events
- Provide staff support to other sustainability, environmental justice, and special projects as necessary
- Most tasks can be performed remotely, though in-office and/or field work may be required
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit application by April 26, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Tania – Student Engineer
- The City of Los Angeles Application for Employment can be downloaded at www.per.lacity.org/Application.pdf
- Please include a recent copy of unofficial school transcripts (no older than one semester/quarter) as well as a cover letter that lists the LASAN programs you’re interested in and why you’re a good fit for them.
View the full job bulletin: www.lacitysan.org/careers
Published on March 21st, 2023
Last updated on March 21st, 2023