The areas of the event are on the left side panel. These include Sessions and Expo. Look for Live and Now tags. Red LIVE and NOW tags will appear on the left side panel when areas become live.
This is the welcome page of the event, where you can find the welcome message, sponsors, and schedule. Look for What’s Happening Now banners that directs attendees to a specific event.
This area is by invitation only, and employers invite students to attend these sessions based on student criteria (Academic Level, Sponsorship, and Major). Not all employers have signed up for this feature, so review the schedule to see who has scheduled sessions.
The Expo area will display Employer and Alumni booths with a live session or pre-recorded video provided by the representative. You, as the attendee, will be able to play/pause/skip the video or engage with the live person in the booth.
Employers and Alumni will have an expo booth where you can join at any time between 2 pm-5 pm. These sessions will either have a live person answering questions through the chat and Q&A or show a video/presentation while responding to the conversation and Q&A.
In the Expo Booth, representatives can speak with attendees and invite them to a scheduled one-on-one or an immediate video session. Representatives will indicate who they are recruiting in the booth by sharing the following information:
- The specific position(s) available (Updated closer to the event start)
- The types of students they are recruiting based on Academic level (BS, MS, Ph.D.), position type they have (Internship, Full-Time, and or Co-Op Fellowship), sponsorship (No, my organization does not offer visa sponsorship or Yes, my organization may provide visa sponsorship), and major
Only a select number of employers have requested this feature and will be inviting students directly to these private sessions.
- The employer identified the criteria they are seeking (Academic Level, Sponsorship, and Major), and those students will be sent direct emails providing the link to the sessions.
- Each session has a maximum of 19 students participating, and the first 19 to join the session at the appropriate time will be able to participate.
- Once you are part of the session, you can ask your questions directly with the representative.
- The representative can permit you to turn on your audio and video.
How do I chat with an employer or Alumni one-on-one?
Employers and Alumni can invite you to a scheduled or immediate session. You will receive a direct request in Hopin when you log in to the Hopin platform if an Employer or Alumni invites you to a one-on-one video session.
Where is the queue, and how long is my wait to speak with an Employer or Alumni?
This event is not a career fair; thus, there is no line. When you enter any expo booth, all attendees can immediately chat and engage with a Company Representative or Alumni in the chat feature.
Why can't I attend a Session? I see it in the schedule, but I cannot join.
All Sessions for this event are private and by invitation only. To be selected to participate in this portion of the event, the employer identifies the criteria they are seeking (Academic Level, Sponsorship, and Major), and those students will be sent direct emails providing the link to the sessions.
How do I get an employer or Alumni to invite me to a one-on-one video session?
The best way to get an Employer or Alumni to invite you to a scheduled private one-on-one video session is to log in to the event in Hopin before the event begins and visit the Expo Booths. Once you are there, you can select an employer booth and select the blue "Register Interest" button letting the Employer or Alumni know you are interested in speaking with them.
I registered for the event and logged in to Hopin. Why can't I see any Expo Booths or Sessions?
You can only preview the event as early as two weeks before the event start. In addition, you will not see any sessions in the session area unless you are invited to that session. Check the schedule to review which sessions will be hosted during this event.