Western Digital is looking for a New College Grad Engineer, Product Design Engineering in Milpitas, CA 95035, USA. https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/WesternDigital/743999806511398-new-college-grad-engineer-product-design-engineering
New College Grad Engineer, Product Design Engineering
- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
- Business Function: Product Design Engineering
- Work Location: Milpitas Office–LOC_WDT_USCA25
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
The Product Design Engineer collaborates with all the internal functions (design, device, firmware, test, system, marketing, packaging, quality, reliability and manufacturing) needed to develop and bring a Mobile product to market. The role/focus of the individual in this multi-disciplinary team is to design/develop/maintain a product test flow that balances cost/quality/time to market while meeting various internal/external requirements.
The Product Design Engineer also takes a leading role in resolving HW (PKG/NAND/ASIC) related failures during the development process. Post qualification the individual will work with the manufacturing team to proactively improve the yield, test cost and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in Electrical Engineering and is internally motivated to understand and solve technical issues. They must display strong ownership of projects and results including:
- Creating the test strategy for new embedded Flash products based on customer requirements, engineering specifications, and device characteristics
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, structured problem solving, attention to details and ability to change direction quickly.
- The ability to work effectively in a team but display leadership when needed and display strong ownership of projects and results.
- Modify/Write basic Perl/Python scripts that can parse a data log to extract relevant parameters.
- Current student, pursuing a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and graduating between December 2021 and June 2022
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Interest in HDD, flash, semiconductor, components, nonvolatile memory industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Windows and Linux server storage environments
- Some Python/PERL/C development skills
- Both analog/digital design and simulation experience required.
- Specialization in analog design, digital design, device physics related field is preferred
- Hands on experience with electronic lab equipment is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Students interested may send their resumes to Rucha Raje at email@example.com
Published on April 8th, 2022
Last updated on April 8th, 2022